Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!!!



Happy New Year!!!  My hopes for everyone is that this year will find you in good health, warm spirits, and prosperity beyond your wildest dreams.

Now that the well-wishes are out of the way, I wanted to write about the all-time favorite task for this time of year - making resolutions.  We often find certain areas of our lives that we'd like to work on and our best intentions are to carry out plans for change in these areas.  However, somewhere towards the middle of January to February, we revert back to old ways and habits.  But why does this happen?  My guess  is that we need more than our best intentions to accomplish goals.  So I want to challenge everyone considering new years resolutions to ask themselves these questions:
  1. What are my reasons for wanting this change?
  2. What are some things that would deter me? 
  3. How will I avoid or work through these obstacles?
  4. How will I keep myself motivated? 
  5. How do I want others to motivate me?
Writing down your goal, plan for achieving the goal, and how to work through any problems and keys to motivation, can make all the difference in your achievement.  Even if bumps come along, view these as lessons learned.  Be patient with yourself, the process of change, and stay disciplined to carry out your resolutions.  Let's make 2012 a great year! 

1 comment: