Friday, March 16, 2012

Hair Update

So far, my hair has been responding very well to the Jessicurl products. I haven't used the Kinky Curly Custard that often, but when I do, I'm pleased with the results. My normal regimen is to wash my hair weekly with Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream and then follow-up with Jessicurl Deep Treatment as my leave-in. I skip the conditioning step because it seemed like a waste to use the deep treatment, wash it out, and then put it back in.

There is one thing I'd like to try for my regimen and that is to use a plastic cap with a hooded dryer and heat to really get the ingredients from the deep treatment into my hair. And then follow up with some cool air to seal the cuticle. I think this will help to keep in moisture, though I'm not really seeing a problem in this area since I've been using the Jessicurl products. I think I just want to see if using this method will help me from having to put product in my hair every 2-3 days, but maybe once a week. We'll see how it works out.

On another note, my hair has been growing back nicely where I had the psoriasis issue. It's all just about the same length. Once again, I have to give thanks for the Jessicurl products because my hair has NEVER felt as moisturized and strong as it has now. When I started with the Jessicurl shampoo around September/October 2011, my hair was dusting my shoulders. Now it is about 2 inches from my bra clasp. My hair has never been that long especially in the days of relaxers.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lady! Haven't seen you online in awhile. Hope everything's ok.

    ReplyDelete