Thursday, December 22, 2011

Hair Analysis Update

A couple months ago, I posted about getting a professional hair analysis done and what I planned for my regimen.  To date, I've stuck with shampooing and conditioning once a week and using a leave in every 2-3 days.  Below are my results from the products that were recommended. 

  • Jessicurl cleansing cream - isn't bad; my hair is clean but not as squeaky clean as I would like; island fantasy has a nice smell and my hair was soft and not feeling stripped; will use rest of bottle but may not purchase again.
  • 50:50 Giovanni conditioner (as a wash out and a leave in)- did not like this as a wash out or leave in; hair felt moisturized for a few hours then felt soft but extremely dry; finished the bottle but won't purchase again.
  • Jessicurl weekly deep conditioner - only used this once, but so far I love it (but not the citrus version smell, to mediciny); hair felt great while putting it in, detangling, and after washing it out; I did sit under a dryer for an hour with a plastic cap before washing out; I will use this as my regular conditioner but may not do the plastic cap or an hour each week; as of right now, I would purchase this again.
  • Kinky curly curling custard - I was leary about purchasing this after reading other reviews; so far the product has been great especially after washing, conditioning, and using kinky curly knot today as a leave in; I found the key to using this is that hair should be wet and to use sparingly; my hair did not feel crunchy at all and when time to refresh (3 days later), I just needed to spritz my hair with water and put a little knot today in; and my curls were nicely defined; I would purchase this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment